1. He’s an award winner! . . . He’s got at least 20 awards to his credit.
2. He’s interesting! . . . “An Irishman, he talks quietly but with an urgent intensity about his own work and that of other illustrators, about his passions and influences and about everything under the sun – from quantum mechanics, game theory and tidal waves to Chinese whispers, the ascent of man and the futility of human endeavour.” [Full article]
3. He’s got an accent! . . .
4. He’s talented and funny! . . . http://vimeo.com/oliverjeffers/oliverjeffersauthorvideo
5. You can draw like Oliver Jeffers! . . .
6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
If you haven’t registered to attend the Vancouver Children’s Literature Roundtable’s Breakfast with Oliver Jeffers in February, you should do so soon. Our early bird rates end January 31st.